If you’re unfamiliar with roofing inspections, it can be challenging to know what to look out for because the damage is not always obvious.
Here are a few common signs it’s time to call our experts:
• Ponding of water: Water should not hang around your roof. This may be because of a poor installation, or the storm has created a soft spot with a branch or water damage.
• Creased or uplifted roof: This is often caused by the rough winds during a storm that can bend, tear, break, or altogether remove your roof cover from your roof. Your roof cover is critical to waterproofing your property, so it’s essential that this gets fixed immediately.
• Fungal or mold growth: This is a sign of damage that is not often caught right away, but if you notice moisture collect on your roof, there is probably hidden mold as well. Mold creates poor indoor air quality and can further expose your roof to water damage.
• Flashing damage: Flashing is often found around the perimeter of the building, ac curbs, walls or vents that act as a waterproof channel to direct water away from a wall to the gutters or drains. If high winds break the seal holding the flashing to the roof, these areas can quickly become vulnerable to leaks.
It can be hard to stay calm and brainstorm solutions during an emergency situation.
Here are a few steps to take if a storm has damaged your roof:
• Take photos: After it’s safe to go outside, inspect the damage and take pictures and videos that can help with your insurance claim.
• Contact CES Commercial Roofing: We’re here to help with expert storm damage services in Tampa and throughout Florida that can quickly provide you with dry-in service. Don’t hesitate to call the best in the business!
• Call your insurance company: Keep the pictures of the damage on your roof and any receipts for emergency services or roof repair. Many insurance companies cover some natural disasters, but it’s essential to stay up to date on the maintenance, so your policy is valid.
• Forget the Tarp: Tarps don’t last, they pull up, blow off, and degrade under the UV rays, within a month or two, most tarped roofs are leaking. CES will foam in your damaged area, preventing your roof from leaking while providing a watertight solution for up to a year.
CES Commercial Roofing is here for you with technicians trained in all types of roofing. As manufactured certified applicators, we value our partners and strive to provide our clients with the best available products, services, and maintenance to assure your roof stays watertight. Don’t wait for a storm to damage your property, regular maintenance can help your property stay strong against the weather.
Stay safe and keep your property protected with CES Commercial Roofing’s expert storm damage services in Tampa and throughout Florida! You can reach us at (813) 592-1144 to speak to a member of our team today!